Friday, February 25, 2011

Mom's Birthday Present and Card

For my mom's birthday I decided to make her something this year. I took an empty pickle jar and cleaned it out and then glued some patterned paper where the label would normally be. Then I glued these colorful flowers over it and I used my i-Rock to make a jeweled center. Then I filled it with Jelly Belly jellybeans. Yum!
I did the same thing for the lid. I put a piece of adhesive ribbon around the edge of the lid to cover up the green pickle decoration already on the lid.
Here is the birthday card that I made for my mom. I used another RAQ's card sketch for the template. I used the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder. The candles are made using a candle slim edger punch. I used my Platinum Stickles on the flame part of the candles to make it look like "real" lit candles. The heart is a Julie Bowen heart felt cut-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment